Sure, it’s a slogan on a t-shirt, and nobody has yet to take credit for it, but it sums up how we feel at YourVancouverHomes.com about Home Owner Grant for Veterans in Canada!
And, since Remembrance Day – the day we celebrate our heroes in dog tags — is November 11, yourvancouverhomes.com would like to take this opportunity to remind our current and former service members about the amazing Home Owner Grants for Veterans!
Many may simply not be aware of the benefits of the Home Owner Grant for Veterans, so we thought we’d take this time to remind active service members, veterans and qualified widows and widowers about this money-saving benefit.
The home owner grant reduces the amount of property taxes you pay each year on your principal residence.
Most veterans can apply for the home owner grant as a:
Grant Supplements for Veterans
If you have an adjusted net income of $32,000 or less you may qualify for a:
- Supplement for veterans under 65
- Low income grant supplement for seniors
- Low income grant supplement for surviving spouses of veterans who received a War Veterans Allowance
Surviving Spouses of Veterans Who Received War Veterans Allowance
If you’re under 65 years of age and the surviving spouse of a veteran who received a War Veterans Allowance, you may qualify for a higher grant amount.
You qualify if you:
- Are the surviving spouse of a veteran who received a War Veterans Allowance, and
- Meet the same requirements for the home owner grant for seniors, excluding the age limit criteria
Our respect for Veterans and the Home Owner Grant for Veterans grows with each Remembrance Day!
For any questions about the Allowances, please contact us directly. YourVancouverHomes.com is at your service!